This blog is no longer being updated and has been replaced by my new blog at jonathanemmett.com/blog

Monday 5 March 2012

SOMEONE BIGGER tops my UK library loans chart again

For the seventh year running my kite-flying picture book Someone Bigger was my most borrowed book from UK libraries last year. However the huge lead it previously had over my other books dwindled from around 10,000 to a mere 1,458 loans.

My five most borrowed books are shown below.

Book Title NÂș of Loans
Someone Bigger 18,600
Bringing Down the Moon 17,142
Diamond in the Snow 12,399
I Love You Always and Forever 11,753
Pigs Might Fly 11,471

After dropping a few places the previous year, I've crept back up the Most Borrowed Authors Chart to a giddy 192nd place.  The most borrowed author was US crime writer James Patterson, with children's "author" Daisy Meadows in second place.  "Daisy Meadows" is the pseudonym used by a collection of authors who write the Rainbow Magic series, so the highest ranking individual children's authors were Jacqueline Wilson and Francesca Simon, who took fourth and fifth place behind US romantic novelist Nora Roberts.

No comments:

Post a Comment